14 of 14 NEXT
The memorial Museum in Yad Mordechai commemorates the heroic stand of a small group of kibbutz members against the invading Egyptian army in 1948. They succeeded in defending their settlement and in pushing back an army division for five days and nights.
In memory of this heroic defence, the museum was built on a small hill with a panoramic view of the surroundings. In the basement is an exhibition dedicated to the partisans, who fought against the Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto.
The compact and massive building character is emphasized by the shape of the exposed concrete walls with their fish-grate texture, creating a strong play of light and shade on the different wall angles.