Fig. 12. Countrywide Water Plan
1. The Huleh Project: Draining the swamps and exploiting the water resources for irrigating the region;
2. The Kadesh Valley Project: Conducting of the Banias waters to the Valley of Kadesh, to Central Galilee and the northern part of Jezreel Valley;
3. The Yavniel Valley Project: Diverting the Upper Jordan waters to a reservoir in the Yavniel Valley for the Beisan and Jordan Valleys near Lake Kinneret.
4. Countrywide project: Diversion of the upper Galilee waters to the Negev. This water will be stored in a reservoir in the Beit Natufa Valley, to equalise the varying seasonal water supply. From there the water will be conducted along a canal running the entire length of the country, and tapping springs and streams on route;
5. The Yarkon Project: The waters of the Yarkon and drainage waters from the Dan district (Tel Aviv) will be pumped to the Negev in two directions: an eastern line conducting the Yarkon waters to the Negev, to Jerusalem and the corridor; and a western route mainly taking the purified drainage and sewage water from the Tel Aviv region together with the surplus from the River Yarkon.
Works in execution - blue line.
Projects under execution in the near future - broken blue line.
National irrigation project - dotted blue line.
Regional water supply - two blue arrows.
Reservoir - blue patch with horizontal lines.
Mediterranean-Kinneret Canal (Future electrical power project) - broken brown line.